Wednesday, August 25, 2010

                                             Another List


     A few years ago I made a list of the top 100 songs I liked the first time I heard them. These are the songs that would make me most happy if they suddenly came on the radio. Here’s the top 20 in order.

20. Baba O’Riley (Teenage Wasteland)

19. Sweet Home Alabama

18. Whipping Post

17. The Loco-motion

16. Breakdown (Tom Petty)

15. Do You Believe In Magic

14. White Rabbit

13. Daydream Believer

12. That’ll Be The Day

11. That Thing You Do

10. Rockin’ In The Free World

9. I’m Into Something Good (Herman’s Hermits)

8. American Girl

7. I Want To Hold Your Hand

6. Hey Ya

5. Smells Like Teen Spirit

4. Like A Rolling Stone

3. I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)

2. Satisfaction

1. We Can Work It Out

1 comment:

  1. I won't even mention which ones I agree w/ on this one (maybe 2), but Da!!! Herman's Hermits? Sweet Home Alabama??? And yes, I get it--first time you heard it. Right. You're weird!

    ReplyDelete